Watertown: 920-261-1630 | Lake Mills: 920-648-8381
April 2017
Can I move with my child if we have a custody agreement?

“I want to relocate out of state and we have joint custody. How do I go about it?” “What do I do if I want to move and am a custodial parent?” “How do I move if I am part of a custody agreement?” “My ex wants to relocate with our child. What can I do about it?” It’s a common question, and the answer can vary from state to state (the answer below is for parents in Wisconsin). The answer can also depend on the terms spelled out in your specific custody agreement with the other parent. It’s best to consult with an experienced local lawyer when you are considering moving with your child.